1. Figuring out that jalapeno ranch dressing and some spices can turn a tin of diced tomatoes into an excellent sauce for potato gnocchi
2. The sound of a neighbour across the street shovelling snow down the sidewalk
3. Feeling pretty good with my new haircut, which I did all by myself, thank you very much
4. The metal thunk and scrape of my keys against the mailboxes in the apartment lobby
5. The small but deep satisfaction I find in plucking my chin hairs
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in 365 days of Grace in Small Things.